Instructions for our visitors
In order to secure your safe visit at the Christmas market, we provide our visitors with a set of instructions based on the instructions and guidance given by the health authorities. Thank you for reading these instructions in advance before visiting our event. We continue to update the instructions based on the current situation.
We take the current pandemic situation very seriously, and we continue to work our best to prevent the pandemic from spreading. Our number one priority is that it is safe to both visit and work at our event.
Procedures to maintain the health of our visitors and staff
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we pay extra attention to cleanliness and tidiness in the event. As a public event, these are matters we work with every single day.
- We make sure our staff and visitors are aware of the correct way to maintain good hygiene. We remind our visitors and staff to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer, and to use a napkin when sneezing or coughing. Hand sanitizer is available at the event area. We also remind our staff and visitors not to visit the event or work at the event if feeling ill or if you have any flu symptoms.
- We make sure to provide adequate cleaning services at the event, and we clean surfaces and used equipment frequently.
- We use signs and posters to remind our visitors to maintain a safe distance of at least 1,5 meters.
- We work in cooperation with the authorities and health professionals. We follow the regulations set by the authorities and continue to update the instructions for our visitors when the current situation requires.
- We use a face mask in situations in which it is not possible to maintain a safe distance.
Each of us can act in a certain way to prevent the virus from spreading. As a client, these are the instructions we wish you to follow in order to provide a safe visit for everyone:
- If you are feeling sick, or have any symptoms of a flu or the COVID-19, please don’t come to the event.
- Use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is provided in each entrance of the event area.
- If you feel like you have to cough or sneeze, use a napkin or your sleeve, not your hands.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 1,5 meters to other customers and our employees. Please give the previous customer the chance to pack their items before you make your own shopping. Move in the area carefully and mind the other people.
- Pay your purchases with a card or contactless payment whenever it is possible by the vendor.
- We recommend using a face mask in situations in which it is not possible to maintain a safe distance.
Only come to the event when you are completely healthy
You should not come to a public event, public gathering or to a public space with other people, if you have any symptoms of any kind of illness. Please visit us only when feeling completely symptomless. The coronavirus causes an infection in the respiratory system. The most common symptoms of the infection are cough, sore throat, fever, muscle pain, stomach ache and headache.
Remember to keep your safe distance of 1-2 meters
Remember to maintain your safe distance of 1-2 meters when visiting any public event of public space.
Wash your hands carefully with water and soap, use hand sanitizer when entering the event
Always use hand sanitizer before eating and after visiting the toilet. Use hand sanitizer also after you have coughed, sneezed or when your hands are visibly dirty. Use disposable paper hand towels to dry your hands. Whenever it is not possible to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
You can find a map of the locations where you can use hand sanitizer below.
A – Santa Claus’ office // B – Brinkkala Stage // C – Brinkkala Mansion // D – Old Town Hall. You can find hand sanitizer at the black hand sanitizer symbols.
This is how you cough correctly
When you sneeze or cough, use a disposable napkin to cover you mouth and nose. Dispose the napkin in a bin right after using it. If you do not have a napkin, use your elbow bend to cover your mouth. Remember to wash your hands afterwards.
For risk groups
For those who belong in the risk groups, it is recommended to avoid close live contacts during the epidemic. It is not recommended to attend public events, public gatherings and activities happening in public spaces. If you choose to attend our event, please pay extra attention in following these instructions. Also consider the guidance of your own doctor or other healthcare professionals. We wish that those who belong in the risk groups make the decision to use the services provided at the event themselves, considering their own health.
More info about the pandemic:
Sources (in Finnish):
- OKM ja THL: Ohje koronavirustartuntojen ehkäisemisestä yleisötilaisuuksien ja yleisten kokoontumisten yhteydessä sekä julkisten tilojen käytössä https://stm.fi/artikkeli//asset_publisher/yleisotilaisuuksissa-noudatettava-ohjeita-koronavirustartuntojen-ehkaisemisesta
- Aluehallintovirasto: Usein kysytyt kysymykset koronasta: http://www.avi.fi/web/avi/usein-kysytyt-kysymykset
- THL: Tarttuminen ja suojautuminen: https://thl.fi/fi/web/infektiotaudit-ja-rokotukset/ajankohtaista/ajankohtaista-koronaviruksesta-covid-19/tarttuminen-ja-suojautuminen-koronavirus
- THL: käsihygienia ja yskiminen: https://thl.fi/fi/web/infektiotaudit-ja-rokotukset/taudit-ja-torjunta/infektioiden-ehkaisy-ja-torjuntaohjeita/kasienpesu-ja-yskiminen